Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Week


So great to here from you again and Im so glad its PDay. This week was suuuper fast it seems like yesterday I was emailing you guys haha. But this last week was pretty good. So I have 2 teachers and our teachers are now our investigators so we switch off teaching them everyday so its fun. My companions and I taught 5 lessons this last week and some were good and some were difficult. I just hate not being able to share my feelings and incites with the investigators because i dont know how to say it in Hiligaynon. It is so difficult and I am trying so hard to learn the language but I am still struggling a ton. Like the investigators ask simple questions that would be so easy to answer in English but they are so hard to answer in Hiligaynon. So I am learning a lot about patience right now thats for sure. But our teachers always say "you guys are learning the language so fast, and you guys are going to be so prepared when you go out to the field." So thats comforting to hear.
         So yeah the other 2 hiligaynon districts were supposed to leave today. One of the districts was the district that Louie Rios was supposed to be in haha which is funnny. But yeah the Elders and Sister going to Iloilo for some reason didnt get their visas. The elders going to Bacolad had no problem though and theyre leaving at 4pm today. So I dont know that the Iloilo elders are going to do yet, they should find out sometime today what their plans are now. But this is the first time ever that the missionaries going to the Philippines have had problems with their visas so its really weird. But those districts are really cool, we are all good friends with them and when we first got here they helped us out a ton with the language. Also, the other Hiligaynon district that is going to Iloilo the same time I am is Elders Walmer, Lundgren, Bates, Nielsen, Disque, and some others that I can remember.
        Yesterday was another sweet sunday. I didnt have to give the talk in sacrament so that was good haha. Oh and dad I pulled Ryans shirt out for you haha it was funny. But last night we had a fireside with President McIff, he's in the MTC presidency, and he talked about Missionaries health and what we can do to improve our health on the mission and to not get sick on the mission, so that was interesting. Oh also he showed us this video about the Mormon Helping Hands in New York after Hurrican Sandy. It was a super cool video and they interviewed a dozen New Yorkers and they all said how much they loved our Church and the members of our Church because of the help that they gave them. You guys should go check it out. Then we watched a talk by Pres. Ucthdorf that he gave at the MTC a few years back. It was an awesome talk and he talked about his wife and the story behind her conversion and how we need to follow the promptings we get.
          This week should be a good week with Thanksgiving and all. Im super excited because we get to usher at the Thanksgiving devotional and an Apostle is coming to speak. My moneys on Holland. Our whole district is just praying that Holland will come, that would just be so awesome. But after that devotional we are going to be making educational and health kits to send across the world, so it should be a fun day. Oh and yeah were definitely gonna pig out. The food here is still good, hopefully it'll stay that way. I have a salad and an apple with about every meal. Elder Pulsipher and I just pound down the apples here, and when were done with dinner we grab 1 or 2 apples and stuff them in our jackets for later haha its awesome.
         Anyways Im getting a haircut today at 11:15 and Im kind of worried about that. Ive heard stories where the haircutters here dont care what style you want, they just give everyone the same buzzcut. So im not letting the haircutter touch my hair until she understand exactly what I want haha I hope all goes well and I dont end up looking bad. Also, yeah I got Rachelle and Taylor's dear elders, thanks for all the letters and support you guys are the best! We can only write letters on Monday so I apologize if it takes me awhile to write back.Thats awesome about Matt, thats so exciting. I wish I couldve gone through the temple with him but all of us will definitely go after the missions, thatll be sweet. And sui finally got his papers in, good for him! He still hasnt written, so sui if your seeing this I hope you feel guilty...haha jokes lang (just kidding). That would be so cool if Brother Douglas could send some pictures of the Philippines I would love that. Elder Taylor said he should be getting his travel plans tomorrow, so crazy! Im so jealous hah I wish i could just go to the Philippines right now.I did some tie trading this week haha it was sweet I got 2 new ties, and theyre sweet ties. Well, thats all I have to say. Can you remember to send me Spencers emails? That would be awesome! Dad you better not be lame and not play in the Turkey Bowl, even if that means you can walk the next day. You have to be there to represent me, score some TD's for me. Have a good week and a great Thanksgiving! Halong!
Love,
Elder Anderson

Elder Anderson and his Companions

Elder Pierce, Singley and Gille in their classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment