Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First Letter!

Kamusta! How is everyone? Well, I've survived 5 days so far and its been great. The first day, Wednesday, was super long and it was a pretty hard day, it seemed like it was never going to end. But then Thursday came and it eventually got better and now the MTC is a lot better. I'm loving the MTC more and more everyday. It was sweet I was walking in to the MTC after getting all my stuff on Wednesday and I see Elder Taylor walking through the hall right in front of me. I was stoked i ran up and gave him a hug it was awesome. His companions are hilarious he has this little short hispanic kid with glasses and he cracks me up. But i've seen elder taylor everyday in here its awesome. And we've taken a few pictures together and Ryan always has his camera and I dont so he usually takes the pictures so make sure you get his email cuz the pictures of us will probably be on his email. We've sat next to each other at dinner and we sat next to each other during a movie so we've had some quality time together.


Now onto my companions. So Im in a three some companionship and Elder Sargent (the kid from In n out) is one of my companions haha. how funny is that that we are now companions after meeting each other at In n out. He's from Tempe, Az and him and I get along suuuuper well haha we have the same sense of humor and everything its great. And my other companion is Elder Gille, he's from Tampa, FL. He's a gook kid too, super nice and easy going. All 3 of us are just perfect for each other and we get along super well so that is definitely a blessing here in the MTC. Also there are 9 Elders in my district (which is my class). Elders Singley, Sargent, Gille, Pierce, Cannon, Butler, Pulsipher, and Crosland, and I. We all have fun in our class and we all get along pretty well. Mostly everyone is from Utah or Idaho except for Elder Pulsipher he's from San Diego. But the funniest, most interesting kid in our district is definitely Elder Pierce. He is just one of a kind let me tell you that. He wears scrubs for his pajamas...haha yeah he's interesting but he's from Colorado Springs. My companions and I are trying to love him and get along with him better but its hard to do, he just has no sense of humor and he's very hard to get along with but we'll work it out. 

So yeah all we do here is study, learn, study, study study...I've taught 2 lessons in Hiligaynon already, its crazy how fast im learning my language. I already know how to pray and to bear my testimony along with how to say hello and introduce myself. But this language is not coming easy, I've been studying A TON. Our first lesson didnt go so well, I just bore a basic testimony. The second lesson was waayyy better and my companions and I were understanding what she was asking and we answered all her questions, taught her how to pray, and she prayed during the lesson. All in Hiligaynon! It was great! I cant believe I can already say the stuff I can say in Hiligaynon its awesome. So yeah we teach an investigator everyday so that'll be fun.

The food here is good, just like the Cannon Center. But I eat so much salad here, how surprising is that! Elder Sargent and I pound down the salad here its so good haha. sunday in the MTC was awesome. We had church, the a missionary conference (which was basically a general conference for missionaries), a district meeting, a fireside, and a movie. It was such a spiritual day it was so great. Then this morning we went to the temple at 6:20, hah yeah it was super early, but it was good to go to the temple. Also, tell Sui that I met Hermana Fusi, his cousin, in here. I started talking to her and I was like, do you have any family in california? then I found out that I knew her brother and she was related to the kilifis it was great. She wrote me this long letter giving me all this advice about the MTC and the language and stuff, it was super useful and super nice of her. she left today to go to guatemala. 

Well I have to go but I know this gospel is true. I'm so grateful to be in the MTC and I love learning and studying everyday. I am so grateful for the Atonement in me life and I cannot tell you how grateful I am that Christ has suffered for our sins. I know that if you trust in God you can do anything. Kabalo ako nga matuod ang ebanghelyo kag Libro ni Mormon. Kabalo ako nga importante ang pangamuyo. Kabalo ako nga kilala kita ni JesuCristo. Kabala ako nga palangga kita sang Diyos. Sa ngalan ni JesuCristo amen. 

Love you guys!

Also, my address is different, it's:

Elder Parker Douglas Anderson
MTC Mailbox #98
PHI-ILOL 1230
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

So, yeah... my departure date from the MTC is 12/30/12
Elder Anderson with Elder Ryan Taylor

Elder Anderson with his companions- Elder Sargent and Elder Gille

No comments:

Post a Comment