Wednesday, November 28, 2012

MTC Week 4


Hey everyone!
Kumusta ka? This week was so good and so fast. Hah it seems like yesterday that I emailed you guys. But yeah this week was so awesome. I'll start with Thanksgiving. Ive got a good story for you to hear. So I woke up Thursday kind of missing the turkey Bowl and what not but excited to be able to hear from an Apostle. Before the devotional started I went to the bathroom right by where the General Authority that is speaking gets dropped off (we usually arent allowed to use that bathroom because of that but they let us use it this time). The bathroom had a super long line so I was waiting in it for a few minutes. When it was finally my turn to go to the bathroom, some guy that works for the MTC comes in and was like "everyone needs to get out right now" and I was pretty upset because he wouldnt let me pee and I really had to go. So I walked out of the bathroom to see Elder Holland just arriving, seriously 10 feet away from me. It was the COOLEST thing ever. I could just feel his spirit radiate around everyone, unfortunately I didnt get to shake his hand or anything though. It was so cool to hear his voice and see him in person. So then I went into the big auditorium where we all sit and wait to see who the speaker is, and I told all my district that it was Elder Holland. We all took guesses of who the speaker would be and I chose Elder Holland so I won that one haha. Anyways, he gave an awesome talk of course. He had 4 of his grandchildren each either bear their testimonies or do a musical performance and then he and his wife both talked about things they were grateful for. One thing he emphasized was how great it is to be born at the time in the World and he was saying how blessed we are to be living in this time. It was so awesome, and I would take listening to an Apostle of the Lord over the Turkey Bowl anyday haha. After that we had a nice temple walk, then we had Thanksgiving Lunch. It was really good we had Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie. But mom I do miss your rolls thats for sure! After that we had a little personal time so we went back to our residence and studied for a little and took a nap. haha I had to fit in my Thanksgiving nap. After that we had a service project. The service project was for the country of Mali in West Africa. We made 4,000 medical kits and 4,000 school kits for the people of the Ouelessebougou tribe. It was a lot of fun and It was awesome to be able to make those kits for the children that truly need it. Then we had a dinner that was just a sandwhich and chips, then a movie. We watched 17 Miracles and they gave us all kettle corn so that was sweet. So Thanksgiving was definitely the best day of the week. It sounds like yours went well too so thats good to hear.
        Now to Sunday. Yesterday was a sweet day too. I had sacrament, priesthood, and our district meeting and we studied in between all of those. Then we had our temple walk and as you already know I saw Kelli. Haha it was awesome to see her and be able to talk to her. Im glad she sent you those pictures of us. After that we ate then had a fireside. I dont remember the name of the guy that spoke but it was really good. The guy who spoke used to make those commercials for The Church about like love or family or stuff like that. So, during his talk he showed us many commercials that he made and used the themes behind those commercials to teach us how to be better missionaries. He gave a great talk and he was pretty funny. After that we watched Legacy and then wrapped up the day. So all in all it was an awesome day full of the Spirit.
       The language is coming along well. I feel much more comfortable in the lessons because I can convey simlpe messages to my investigators from memory. Oh I memorized The First vision in Hiligaynon on Wednesday so that was sweet. Hah its something like 60 or 70 words so it was hard but I finally got it. I wish I could say it to you guys haha. Also, I saw Ryan a bunch this week as always. He leaves early in the morning on december 4th, next tuesday. I cant believe he's already leaving! Im gonna miss him a ton and his companions too, we all get along really well.
       Oh about my haircut, yeah it ended up looking fine. The lady who gave me my haircut saw my Mission Viejo Basseball Shirt and was like "Are you from Mission Viejo?" I was yeah and said her son in law was from there. After talking for a little she told me that her son in the is the oldest Fuller boy haha so random. But yeah we talked for a little about that and she said she would say hi to the Fullers for me so that was sweet.
      Brother and Sister Taylor I just want to thank you guys so much for the Thanksgiving Card and the Oreos. That was so nice of you to send me that. The oreos seriously made my week it was so awesome so thank you! Also, thanks for the package family! The jacket seriously has saved my life and the ties are sweet. also, the oreos are so good as always! That's awesome to hear about Brittney and Avery. Elder Taylor told me about Brittney's call in the cafeteria on Friday i think. And Im so stoked to here where Sui's going, I cant wait to find that out!
      Thanks for the pictures of Sebastian those pictures are so cute. The missionaries going to Iloilo are still here waiting for their visas. I feel so bad for them haha this week is going to be ther 11th week. I get 30 minutes to email so all the time I have is to email you. I dont have any other time for other people. 
     Thats all I have to say today! I just want to say that God loves us so much. I know that without His help I would not be able to do this hard work. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to pray to Him all the time and receive help from Him whenever i need it. I know that He is watching over me and he his helping me so much as a missionary. Even though its only been 4 weeks, my testimony and my faith has grown so much. I love to the MTC and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to learn, study, and teach the Gospel everyday. Palangga taka! Have an awesome week!







Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment